For more information regarding the Mentorship Program contact email@example.com or the Mentorship Coordinator at 306-842-8702.
- What is Mentorship?
Mentorship is where a “mentor” can share their knowledge and wisdom with a “mentee.”
- How does the SCHR Mentorship Program matching system work?
The mentee completes an application form located on the R:// or by contacting the Mentorship Coordinator.
The Mentorship coordinator matches the mentee with a mentorship champion from their workplace.
- What’s in it for me?
Mentors – an opportunity to contribute to the professional development of other employees, certificate of recognition from SCHR, CEP for LPN’s, peer reviews for RN’s, NP’s and RPN’s.
Mentees – an opportunity to learn from an experienced employee and build your professional network, confidence, recognition from SCHR, certificate of accomplishment at completion of program.
- Who is eligible to mentor?
All SCHR employees!
- What is the time commitment?
The program requires you to commit to the following actions:
- Regular communication that you and your mentor/mentee have agreed to, as well as regular check ins with the Mentorship Coordinator
- Attendance at a SCHR Mentorship Program workshop
- Look for opportunities and experiences to enhance the mentee’s learning
- What is expected of mentors?
- Preview and understand the mentees goals
- Share your knowledge, experience, and perspectives
- Provide support with coaching and constructive feedback
- Acknowledge the mentee’s accomplishments and be open to feedback from the mentee
- What is expected of mentees?
- Commitment to career and professional development
- Clearly identify your goals
- Ask questions and listen
- Be open to positive feedback
- How do I apply?
Complete the application form and submit it to the Mentorship Coordinator by fax (306-842-8740) or email (Richelle.Jones@schr.sk.ca)
- I already have someone in mind that I’d like as my mentor or mentee. Should I still go through this program?
Absolutely! Contact the Mentorship Coordinator who can help facilitate this process.